For the recreational 4WD and Camper Hire we provide wide range of Small 4WD, Medium 4WD, Large 4WD, Extra Large 4WD, Dual Cabs with Canopy, Troop Carriers, Luxury 4WD as well as various types of Bush Campers. Our 4WD and Bush Camper range was designed predominantly for the self-drive 4WD Tourism & Travel where travelers can experience top quality 4WD and equipment to go for a cruise around the Country Side or to explore the Australian Outback and to have the access and flexibility for their destinations and enjoy their holidays at their own pace.
Area of Use, Off-Road Access and Emergency Breakdown Assistance
All our vehicles are off-road insured and we allow you to travel on unsealed roads as long as they are on HEMA MAPS, (aka gazetted road) and are open and safe for passage and you have disclosed your Remote Area of Use if applicable. All our vehicles are covered by Manufacturers Warranties and Emergency Breakdown Assistance. In the unlikely event of vehicle failure, a replacement vehicle will be provided to you subject to availability.
This would be the best option for civil and commercial medium to long term hire and also for light or soft travel staying in hotels and resorts or if you have accommodation. These vehicles have only standard factory fit out and have different Off-Road capabilities.
- Small 4WD – Light Off-Road only
- Medium 4WD – No Off-Road
- Large 4WD – No Off-Road
- Extra Large 4WD – No Off-Road
- Dual Cab Canopy 4WD – Light Off-Road only
- Single Cab Tray 4WD – Off-Road OK
- Troop Carriers – Off-Road OK
- Luxury 4WD – No Off-Road
- Air Conditioner
- CD / Radio / Blue Tooth* / GPS*
- E-Toll Tag
- Standard 4WD Tyres
- Floor Matts
- Wheel Tool Kit
- Vehicle Jack
- Recovery Kit
This would be the best option for more nature experience like bush camping or staying in camping grounds and caravan parks using Ground Tents (GT) or Roof Top Tents (RTT) set up. These vehicles have enhanced Off-Road fit out. For images or more information please refer to our Fleet Page , 4WD – Campers , Gallery Page
- Bush Camper Canopy 4WD GT – Light Off-Road only
- Bush Camper Medium 4WD GT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Large 4WD GT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Extra Large 4WD GT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Canopy 4WD RTT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Medium 4WD RTT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Large 4WD RTT – Off-Road OK
- Bush Camper Extra Large 4WD RTT – Off-Road OK
Bush Camper- is a fully Off-Road equipped 4WD with inclusions of camping equipment package suitable to the number of people traveling. We supply Camping Equipment that is light, easy and very quick to set up without losing on quality and practicality. All camping equipment is at no extra cost (complimentary).
All Bush Campers are fitted with;
- Air Conditioner
- CD / Radio / Blue Tooth / GPS*
- E-Toll Tag
- Bull Bar
- Tow Bar & EBC
- Dual Battery & IS
- 12V Double Outlet
- Long Range Fuel Tank
- Roof Rack Basket
- Anderson Plug*
- All Terrain 4WD Tyres
- Seat Covers
- Floor Matts
- Wheel Tool Kit
- Vehicle Jack
All Bush Campers are equipped with;
- Camping Chairs 1-7
- Camping Beds 1-7
- Camping Ground Tents x 1-2****
- Roof Top Tents & Annexe x 1***
- Ladder & Cargo Bag x 1
- Side Awning x 1*
- Camping Table x 1
- Fridge 40L x 1
- Camping Gas Stove x 1
- 12V Fluro Light x 1
- First Aid Kit x 1
- Fuel Canister 20L x 1
- Water Canister 20L x 1
- Australian 4WD Atlas x 1
- Recovery Kit x 1
*Available in some Vehicles
**Available on Dual Cabs only
***Available in Bush Camper with RTT only
****Available in Bush Camper with GT only
Winch – Use of winch is not permitted for general public and is limited to mining contractors with written permission of Australian 4WD Hire.
Recovery Kit – (Bag, Shovel, Axe, Air Compressor, HD Snatch Strap, 2xHD Shackles, Jumper Leads, Winch Damper, Winch Controller, Hand Gloves)
For images or more information please refer to our Fleet Page , 4WD – Campers , Gallery Page
Cookware, Cutlery and Crockery – If you do not wish to bring your own, we offer the option to purchase brand new sets of cookware, cutlery and crockery. These sets include everything you will need to prepare and serve meals while camping. The cost of the sets will be added to your rental cost and are priced as follows:
Cutlery Set: $30.00
Dinner Set: $50.00
Cookware Set: $70.00
For images of the sets we offer, please refer to our Gallery Page under the ‘Camping Gear’ folder.
Please Note: Once you have made your booking please advise us ASAP which set you would like and we will add it to your booking. Once purchased, all cookware, cutlery and crockery sets are yours to keep or dispose of upon completing your hire.
Sleeping Bags & Bedding – Due to hygienic reasons, we do not supply sleeping bags or bedding. We encourage travelers to bring their own, alternatively there are plenty of camping supply outlets close to your pick-up location where you can purchase new and clean sets.
- No Limit on Kilometres
- 24h Emergency Breakdown Assistance
- All Vehicles Off-Road Insured
- Off-Road OK as long as on HEMA MAPS
- Only Best Makes & Current Models
- Full Briefing on Checkout
- No Hidden Fee’s
Advantages when booking with us:
- Large range of vehicles to choose from best suppliers
- Competitive pricing
- Detailed vehicle and pricing information
- After-sales support services (when it really counts!)
- Get quotes quickly and easily
- Simple booking and reservation process
Security Bond or Damage Liability Excess Reduction (CDLL or DLER) and RAAB (Remote Area Access Bond)
We have 4 options to choose from;
- $5,000.00 – Driver over 25years of age no extra charge
- $2,500.00 – Driver over 25years of age additional $15.00 per day
- $1,500.00 – Driver over 25years of age additional $25.00 per day
- $5,000.00 – Driver over 21 to 25 years of age $50.00 per day
- $5,000.00 – Driver over 25years of age additional $0.00 per day – Remote Area Access Bond if applicable please refer to our T&C’s
If the vehicle is returned clean, and in the same condition, minus wear and tear, the full Security Bond amount will be refunded following a post hire hoist inspection of the vehicle, which is generally within 3 – 7 business days.
How to Book:
The best and the easiest way is for you to go to our website www.australian4wdhire.com.au and obtain an online quote. Shortly after we will email you a follow up email confirming availability and price. To secure your booking we require 20% deposit if it’s longer than 30 days prior to your pick up or full amount if it’s within 30 days.
When you are ready to book, click on TURN YOUR QUOTE INTO A BOOKING REQUEST CLICK HERE on your quote, this link will take you to a secure and encrypted area and just follow the prompts.
Please check that all details are correct and provide following information;
- Exact date of travel
- Your Full Name
- Date Of Birth
- Drivers Licence Number
- Driver Licence Expiry Date
- Driver Licence Issued (Country / State)
- Address Details
- Phone Numbers / Email
- Credit Card Authorisation & driving licence details of all drivers would need to be provided on your check out.
Upon receiving required payment and information we would able to confirm your booking with us. All booking are subject to Australian 4WD Hire Terms and Conditions which are available you 24/7 on our website.
Please be aware – most holiday seasons you need to plan way ahead, we recommend up to 12 months and to avoid any disappointments quick response will help us to allocate and secure vehicle for your booking.
For more information, please visit us at – www.australian4wdhire.com.au or call us on 1300 360 339 or +61 401 605 285 or international line +61 7 5699 9187. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us
Contact Us for an obligation Free Quote or simply complete our Book Online form and submit it.
So, enjoy your getaway and happy travelling!